600 W University Drive
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004
Customer Service: 888-234-5656
Order Department: 800-323-4141
J.R. CARLSON LABORATORIES, INC.
COUPON REDEMPTION POLICY
Effective July 1, 2013
This Coupon Redemption Policy (“Policy”) outlines the terms and conditions governing the redemption of any J.R. Carlson Laboratories, Inc. (“Carlson”) coupons by its retailers and other customers. Proper store redemption of our coupons, combined with having an established account with Carlson, authorizes you to submit coupons for reimbursement by Carlson.
A RETAILER’S ACCEPTANCE AND REDEMPTION OF CARLSON COUPONS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY AND A BINDING AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. NO COURSE OF DEALING WITH CARLSON OR ANY PURCHASE ORDER, INVOICE, RETAILER POLICY OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
A. Redemption at the Store
- Coupons are redeemable only at retail locations located in the United States, its territories, at U.S. Military bases, and in Canada.
- Coupons are redeemable only by a consumer in a retail transaction in which the face value of the coupon was deducted from the purchase price of the brand, variety, size and quantity of the product indicated on the coupon. Coupons must be redeemed on or before their expiration date. Only one coupon may be redeemed per customer for each offer stated. Carlson employees and agents are prohibited from redeeming or attempting to redeem Carlson coupons.
- The consumer is required to pay any applicable sales tax in connection with the purchase of the product.
- Coupons are void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Coupons may not be reproduced, photocopied, mutilated or altered in any way by the retailer or consumer, and any such coupons shall be deemed void.
- Coupons may not be resold and may only be redeemed by the retailer once. Coupons are non-assignable and are void if transferred from their original recipient to any other person or group. Carlson does not permit the unauthorized distribution, collection, sale, or assignment of its coupons for any reason. For example, coupons are not to be used in swap boxes, taped to or placed near Carlson product, gathered and distributed by any person or group for charitable fund-raising purposes, or used in any way except as described in paragraph A.2.
B. Processing Coupons for Payment
- Carlson will only accept properly redeemed and identified coupons directly from the retailer, through the retailer’s billing agent, or through a retailer clearinghouse authorized by Carlson. Submissions from unauthorized intermediary agents will not be accepted. Coupons submitted for reimbursement become the property of Carlson.
- By submitting coupons for redemption, retailer is certifying that the submitted coupons came from retail customers only, in connection with their purchase of the specified product(s) and terms of the coupon itself.
- Retailers must submit coupons for reimbursement within sixty (60) days of the expiration of the coupon.
- To redeem Carlson coupons, send properly redeemed coupons to:
J.R. Carlson Laboratories, Inc.
Coupon Redemption Department
600 W. University Drive
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004
- Submissions must provide single store identity and address. Any exceptions to Carlson’s standard coupon redemption process must be pre-approved in writing.
- Coupons not issued or authorized by Carlson will not be paid.
- Coupons are only redeemable by authorized retailers who have an established account with Carlson. Carlson will not redeem coupons submitted by retailers for products purchased from sources outside of Carlson’s normal distribution channels.
- All applicable IRS reporting requirements must be complied with, including obtaining an appropriate taxpayer identification number.
- Carlson reserves the right to audit coupon processing practices (e.g., sorting and billing) of its retailers and authorized retailer clearinghouses.
10. Carlson reserves the right to deal directly with retailers on all matters pertaining to coupon redemption submissions.
C. Payments and Denials of Submissions
- For all properly redeemable coupons presented to Carlson, Carlson will reimburse retailers for (1) the face value of each coupon in U.S. dollars, (2) the handling allowance as stated on the face of each coupon, and (3) for retailers who sort and submit directly, postage will be reimbursed at current actual uninsured First Class postage rates. No other handling fees will be reimbursed, including, without limitation, other administrative, handling or transportation costs or other coupon processing fees that the retailer or retailer’s clearinghouse may incur or assess.
- The reimbursements set forth in paragraph C.1 constitute full and complete compensation to the retailer and its agents for the expenses incurred in processing Carlson coupons from point of sale redemption to redemption at Carlson’s designated site. The reimbursements take into account the total costs of coupon handling by retailers and retailer’s agents, including clearinghouse charges, handling fees, and all transportation costs. Carlson is not responsible for any costs negotiated between retailers and retailer’s agents.
- Carlson will reimburse retailers by crediting the sum of reimbursement to the retailer’s account for use on subsequent invoices from Carlson.
- Retailers are not permitted to set-off or deduct coupon claims amounts, reimbursements or coupon adjustments from Carlson invoices or any payments otherwise due to Carlson. If such deductions are made, the retailer’s credit with Carlson may be suspended, and/or shipments may be suspended until the amount is repaid.
- Carlson’s actual count of coupons received will be final and binding and shall govern the payment.
- Upon request of Carlson, retailers must provide proof of purchase to show that sufficient stock was purchased within the last ninety (90) days to justify the number of coupons submitted for payment. Failure of a retailer to provide requested proof of purchase will render all coupons submitted to Carlson null and void, and Carlson will deny reimbursement and retain such coupons without payment.
- Reimbursement will not be made for coupons, which, in the sole discretion of Carlson, have either been fraudulently or incorrectly redeemed, or have been presented for reimbursement fraudulently or not in accordance with this Policy. In such case, Carlson may, at its option, void all coupons submitted for reimbursement and all coupons may be retained as property of Carlson without payment.
- Carlson will deny reimbursement for coupons not issued or authorized by Carlson.
- Each shipment of coupons is considered as a whole, and Carlson reserves the right to refuse payment for an entire shipment if any portion of the shipment is found to be improperly redeemed.
D. Other Terms
- In the event a retailer payment is denied, retailer agrees that any claim it may have pertaining to such rejection must be asserted in writing to Carlson within ninety (90) days of the date of such notice or such claims will be waived. Carlson reserves the right to destroy misredeemed coupons within 180 days of the date of its notice that redemption is being denied.
- Any lawsuit involving coupon payment disputes shall be brought within twelve (12) months of the date of notification or such claims shall be extinguished. Any such lawsuit shall be venued in state or federal court located in Lake County, Illinois. Each party is responsible for its own attorneys’ fees and costs.
- The cash redemption value of each coupon is 1/1000 of one cent.
- It is Fraud to present coupons for redemption other than as provided in this Policy
- FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROPER REDEMPTION MAY AT THE SOLE OPTION OF CARLSON, VOID ALL COUPONS SUBMITTED FOR REIMBURSEMENT AND ALL COUPONS MAY BE RETAINED AS PROPERTY OF CARLSON, WITHOUT PAYMENT.
- Carlson reserves all of its rights and remedies in connection with any dispute over coupons submitted for redemption or these terms and conditions, up to and including, cessation of business relationship.
- Failure to enforce any terms or conditions of this Policy shall not be deemed a waiver of them by Carlson.
- This Policy may be modified or terminated at any time by Carlson at Carlson’s sole discretion and without prior notification.
To ask questions regarding coupon submissions, payments or this Policy please contact 888-234-5656.